Monday, September 2, 2013

September 2, 2013

Hello!
 
Just so you know transfer calls are this Saturday and I have no idea what is going to happen!!
 
Sorry I am not good at writing emails. My bad. So to answer mama's questions:
 
What was a funny thing that happened this week?
We had that fun day in Abilene on Tuesday and on our drive back I'm just driving and my comps are just chilling and I start screaming at the top of my lungs! They both think we are about to die- but as quick as I started I stopped screaming because the terror had passed! Right in front of us I almost hit none other than a ROAD RUNNER! Like the real thing (and they are not as big or as fast as in the bugs bunny cartoon!) Sure enough it was right there and I was so worried we were going to hit it, but luckily we didn't (no thanks to my screaming) but it did make me feel better (even if it scared the daylights out of my comps) haha

What was a spiritual thing that happened this week?
We are teaching this guy named T. He works with computers and is super literal and very cut and dry. So he believes the Bible's teachings are true, but not that the stories are true. Anyhow- we had a lesson with him last night about the Plan of Salvation- and we know that all of his questions about Jesus being the Son of God- and all of his pieces of truth: will be solved as he comes to know the Book of Mormon is true. And as we were testifying we could see it sinking in and it was so amazing to be a part of! The Church is true!
 
Tell us about 2 new people that you met this week, whether they were interested in the gospel or not.
We were referred by some members to this 12 boy. He is best friends with their son and has been coming to church with them off and on. He is super smart and was correcting one of their sons about the brass plates one time. Then he asked the parents if he could be baptized so they told us to come over when he is there sometime. We did on Sunday after church and had a great first lesson with him. We got his mom's number and she was out of town but hopefully will be able to help the whole family!

Tell us what the weather is like currently.
Currently it is super hot outside. Like I can't stand having my hair down because I am dying hot. haha

What is your Sunday routine?
Well we get up like usual and get ready. Then studies like usual- unless it is our week for ward council then we go early. Church is at 10:20 because we share the building with a Spanish Branch so we have Sacrament last so that primary can be combined. Then we come home have lunch and a second hour of comp study since I am training. Then normal missionary stuff. Lessons, trying people the works. Sundays are nothing different really for missionaries at least. :) But always awesome.
 
We had a really nice week and I love both of my companions so I am anxious to see what happens this weekend! Also here are some pictures!! -they have a ton of sheep statues here because they used to have a lot of sheep... but we went shopping last monday and I had to get a picture of this little guy!!
 
Love you lots!







windmills-- a million of them on our way to Abilene!!

No comments:

Post a Comment