Monday, August 26, 2013

August 26, 2013

Hello!
I don't know why my letters aren't sending. Sorry- I hope you were able to retrieve my last email...
Sounds like you had a real nice time on your trip mom! Mom, I've decided I want to marry someone from the east coast because I really want to go on vacation and see more over there. :) Great idea right?
Well we had Stake Conference yesterday. This is the Abilene Stake, and since that is like 2 hours away they did a morning session there, and an afternoon session here. They were exactly the same, but the speakers all drove so the members wouldn't have to. It was very nice. The temple president and his wife spoke, as well as President and Sister Augustin and the stake leaders. Sister Augustin shared the story of Elder Christensen and his lost luggage (which they found) and the miracle of prayers that brought that to pass.
We have bike days on Thursdays- always an adventure especially when the wind is blowing- but we quite enjoy them actually. One of our investigators, C, was really upset when we showed up to her appointment on our bikes. The member who was coming to her lesson told us we should have called her and she would have come and got us. But really we don't mind. :) Yes it is super hot, and yes we wish we weren't in skirts, but it is an adventure. I told C exactly that and said "where is your sense of adventure?!" and she said, "not in a skirt!!" She told us we look tacky. haha I think we look awesome!
oh bytheway! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAWN THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it's a happy one!!
Tomorrow is our fun day- we are driving up to Abilene to play some baseball. I am excited. Sister R will be there. They are the only other set of sisters in our zone, but since we will be combined with the Abilene zone there is another set there! I don't know any of those sisters because we have had such an influx I have no idea who half of them are. When I came on my mission there were about 18 sisters.Now there are about 35!! Twice as many!!  Like Sister L and I were the only ones who came in on our transfer, and now there are like ten coming in at a time. And after this next transfer, when Sister C goes home- Sister L and I will be the oldest sisters in the mission- because after Sister C came in, there where like 2 transfers where no sisters came to this mission! Things are a changing!! It is very exciting and I guess back home they say it is the "thing" now to do to serve a mission. (which in some cases is scary if you ask me- if they have no conviction to be here it will just make the hard times even harder!)
We didn't go skirt shopping last week, so we are going to try to go today. :) :) :)
That's about all I've got!

Love you all lots! xoxo Sister Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment