Monday, August 5, 2013

August 5, 2013

Hello hello!
Hope you are all having fun in Island Park, I CANNOT wait to go next year! There is a lake here I would say comparable to Utah Lake, it is just as brown. It is called lake Nasworthy but most people here call it lake Nasty Water. People drive through town towing their boats and it gets me an itching to go! It is a bummer I come home in the winter because I sure do miss the water! 
We had a nice week here- and quite a few miracles! On Thursday we were able to contact 4 people throughout the day that we have been trying to get in contact with (some of them for months) all of them were not on our plans to see, but we were lead there by the Spirit at the exact time that they were home. It was amazing and though we haven't seen the fruits of it (yet) it was a sign to me that I am doing what Heavenly Father wants us to. I had been praying that I would be more focused on what God want's me focused on, and not get caught up in the work or checklist part of it all. And it was a huge answer to prayer that He is the one leading us here.
Also remember T our recent convert- well we have been still trying to teach his wife L and stepdaughter R. Well, R is kinda at a standstill, but L, who was our tough cookie, has opened up and changed!! Sister C asked her if she can see the change that has happened in her faith and her response was, "Duh! Can't you?!" hahaha We fasted yesterday that she will be able to come to church, since she works on Sundays, but right now we are so excited for her! She is reading and asking questions and changing!! It is so amazing to be a part of and I am so lucky!
Yes a couple of us had email troubles last week so i am so glad you could come in and get my email last week! too crazy!
Oh dad we do go to ward council, but we have the ward mission leader talk, but it helps to have us there so they can get to know us. It is a really good idea, I really like it!
Things are going well with the companions here too. Sometimes having to work with each other 24/7 is tough but I know that this is making me a better person and helping them too. I also know that this mission is going to be so valuable as a future mama!
I miss you all lots! Have so much fun and I can't wait till we are all together soon! xoxo
 
pic of me as a missionary- aren't I cute! haha




Yes we are THOSE sisters! Welcome to the two new elders in our ward! Fresh from the MTC! 




this is me today!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment