Monday, May 27, 2013

May 27, 2013

Hello Family!!

It was a good week for email, I've heard from everyone in the family but little Carmen, but mom said they just came home from California today.
 
Oh we had a little mix up at the mission office about our apartment, so if you could put on the blog that if they are getting letters back because it says it didn't have our apartment number or wrong address, just send it to the mission home again. We've got it figured out now.

This week has been a good one. We had a tornado watch earlier this week and so we had to spend the night at our apartment. Crazy right? I read up on what to do in a tornado and as much fun as I thought it sounded after watching Twister, I think I'd really rather pass than end up in OZ. Crazy days!
 
We had a really cool lesson this past week with a less active lady. We had been planning her lesson, and the Spirit prompted to teach tithing. I thought this was really random, and I was kinda nervous because I had no idea if she already paid tithing or what. But as we went to the lesson we brought out the tithing and fast offering pamphlet and she immeadiately said that she feels like she finally is ready to pay tithing!! That her trust had been broken by other churches before she converted, but after seeing all the good that the church is doing in Oklahoma she said it had been on her mind for the past few days. We testified that Heavenly Father knows her and that He was preparing her, and of the blessings that come from this principle. It was really cool, and I am so grateful to be able to see all these miracles. Missionary work is really so rewarding!
 
Sister C and I are doing well. She is learning really quickly and she is such an amazing missionary. Her past is so different than mine, and I am grateful for people along my way, that I know or else I might not be as understanding. Such as in her house growing up, they are not allowed to use the microwave. Did I tell you she was homeschooled? And she is so sweet and grateful that I am able to explain things to her, since she also didn't ever watch TV, so sometimes she doesn't know what people are talking about. She had no idea about the Book of Mormon Play, or how Mormons are made fun of on Southpark. Or like how the FLDS are from a town that is like 30 minutes away from here. She didn't know anything about that. But she is ready to learn and grow, and I am grateful for that.
 
Life is good, today is cloudy and I keep praying for more days like this because when it is 104 outside it doesn't make me want to do about anything! Haha But what an adventure!
 
I love you all! Thanks for all your support and prayers!
 

Love Sister Peterson!


No comments:

Post a Comment