Monday, November 18, 2013

November 18, 2013

Hello Jello! (yes Avery you can now roll your eyes!!)

Missionary work is really progressing here. We still have troubles getting people to commit and come to church- but I think that just comes with the area of being a YSA. But we have lots of appointments set up, and people are reading from the Book of Mormon so things are good! The other trial that comes with YSA would probably be that since everyone is a student they just take these lessons as knowledge and not to the heart. But we know as they keep reading and praying they will come to know for themselves and it will all work out! So currently one of my favorite investigators is a quirky shy girl named E. She is catholic and more of the active kind I would say. We met her on campus and she has met with us twice. We committed her to be baptized in our first lesson and she said "probably not" but in the second lesson when we brought up baptism again she said "I'll think about it." Yay for progress! It is so fun to teach college student who read and then come to us with questions! It is so much more personal and fun that way!

With other things around here: Sister O and I get along amazingly. And that really is such a blessing because this past week she has been having some troubles. She had 2 major panic attacks and pulled a muscle in her rib cage because of it.  I was so grateful because her second one which was worse than her first one was when we were on exchanges with Sisters B, D, and C. And I don't know what I would have done without them. It is kinda scary when they happen because she is not in her right mind and I have no idea how to help calm her down. I have my own emotional issues but what helps me to recenter does not help her when she gets to that state. She met with the the mission therapist this past week, but we are still working through things. She was able to get two amazing blessings: one during that second attack and one for her pulled rib. Her hurt rib makes it hard for her to breathe and sleep which only adds on top of these other things. But what a blessing and power the priesthood is! The miracles of healing that were produced are astounding. The change in her from right before the priesthood blessing during her anxiety attack and right after was like day and night! Things will all work out and I know that Heavenly Father has placed me in this companionship with my past experiences and trials for a big reason. It is a difficult situation, and not one that is going to be fixed overnight, but it is all going to be okay. I felt impressed to ask the Bishop yesterday for a blessing after church. (Elders aren't allowed to give the sister missionaries blessings anymore) And again the power of the priesthood and the personal relationship that Heavenly Father has with me was made apparent. The Bishop here barely knows me and said exactly what my soul needed to hear, (just so you know I am doing really well even in this rough time. I am very happy and not having troubles except in small moments of how to help Sister O) but I must say that blessing yesterday was one of the most personal and special blessings I have ever received in my life. It even quoted parts of my Patriarchal Blessing. I feel very blessed to be here and to know the truth of this gospel! What a blessing our lives on earth are! 

So I guess with all of that info I just wanted to let you know what's going on on my side of the world, and if you could keep Sister O in your prayers that would be so SO appreciated.

Still have no idea what our exact plans are for thanksgiving. Hopefully some pie and turkey! even if I have to make it! (YIKES that would be scary! I set off the fire alarms in our apt last night during dinner....)   

Okay I love you all!  It is a cold day here in Texas but glad to hear dad that is should be warmer for the rest of the week! 

xoxo Sister Peterson! 

No comments:

Post a Comment