Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7, 2013

Hello!!!!!!!!!!! From TEXhasss!!!! It is finally (kinda) cooling off here. It is like August in Utah. Not like any October I can remember!! Even Portales got cold since there is a wind there... but not here.
 
Wasn't conference just splendid?! How wonderful it is to have living day Prophets! It was such a miracle because L is having such an issue with tithing- and then this past week C brought up tithing and it was what we had been praying for: Elder Bednars talk!! It brought tears to my eyes! Heavenly Father sent that talk just for us down here in San Angelo! But each session, each talk was that way! M was with us during the sessions and kept saying, "this talk is just for me" and then the next speaker, "this one too!!" and on and on. Each one applied so perfectly to this area and to me!! We visited a less active last night and she was sick and ended up watching all the sessions. She knew that she was sick for a reason and it allowed her to not have to work and to watch. She now wants to return to the temple and we set up an appointment with her to meet with the Bishop. What an amazing weekend!
 
Also we had an amazing lesson with M between sessions on Sunday. We with the bishopric and the ward mission leaders all fasted for this sweet man. And his heart is changing. We asked him to say the closing prayer and it was beautiful! He asked for help to understand what we are teaching him (which this is the first time he has admitted that he is willing to be taught) and he asked for help to know the TRUTH! This is a huge step! I was on cloud nine! 
 
We did have interviews this past week, and President didn't give me much to work with. He said that it was something I needed to decide though it is not an easy thing for him to request. I was really hoping that he would give me some fatherly advice, but I'm afraid I didn't get any. But I think I already had my answer. I felt as Oliver in Doctrine and Covenants 6:23. I had peace about January but not about December. I don't understand why, because I miss you all SO much. And it just makes sense to go home when all will be around, but our ways are not God's ways. So I will go and do and hopefully we will all see and understand why. I love you all and am sorry for the inconvenience this will cause.  
 
Mom: less actives I LOVE THEM! We spend a lot of time with them. We see about 5 or 6 a week. It really all boils down to visiting teaching though. If people would diligently do and magnify their visiting teaching then what a difference this all would make. It all starts with love. They just need love and then you need to love them enough to help them change. Yes it is good to be their friend and see them once a month and talk about the kids or work or whatever that is important. But no one is going to see change until they are invited to act. Invited to come to church, to read their scriptures. Out of love we need to ask them about their spiritual work also. "did you read anything interesting in your scripture study this past week?" And then you can see how they are being nourished. And if they aren't you be the one to say "well I know this isn't the easiest thing to do- but it will come with time. So how about we text each other every day to remind each other to read and pray." It really is that simple, but sometimes people forget that. They let all the what if's cloud the way. These people want to understand and come back, but they need our help. And in Utah this is especially what missionary work is about. And in Alma 31:34-35. Notice the word again. Most in Utah have already heard the good word of God, but they need to come back and again taste of it's goodness. Okay that's my two bits!
 
Love you all see you soon (3 MONTHS! GAHH!!)
xoxox Sister Peterson



 

No comments:

Post a Comment