Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28, 2013

Alrighty! Happy Halloween and Happy Birthday Granddad!!!

Today is a foggy day here! We can't even see the sun behind the clouds- Sister O thought it might snow! How crazy is that!  But our most exciting news is that TODAY WE ARE GOING TO THE TEMPLE! So excited I can hardly see straight! They are opening it special for the missionaries in our zone today and we will have a completely full session- every single seat filled with something like 40 of us! Crazy isn't it! The rest of the mission will just come as districts but we will all be there as a zone. I am very excited- like Christmas morning excited! 

We had a smooth transfer. Traveling and all that packing made me a very tired girl! Especially since we had to be at the church by 6:30 to wait for the bus- I had to get up before that to pack my last things and get ready. So I was exhausted by the time I got here. And since I've been on my mission I struggle with motion sickness. So that was not so fun after being in a bus for about 10 hours. But it was good to talk to missionaries. Sister C got transferred up here so I was able to update her on things and I was able to sit with Sister R until Monahans. Then we got here and I am LOVING Sister O!  She is from Draper, Utah and was the first 19 year old in our mission. She went to Utah State before and is just so quirky and fun. She has been out for about 7 months. And we work REALLY well together and get along really great! She does great impersonations and has me laughing all day long! This is going to be a great transfer!

So we had Stake Conference yesterday and so I am still feeling a bit out of the loop with the ward. But that's alright, Sister O knows exactly what is going on! As I was talking with Sister R on the bus we realized how many contacts we had with YSA aged people while we were here and I recognize that maybe that is one of the reasons I am back. We have already contacted 2 of them (S and C) and set up appointments AND there were these less actives we were working with back then and so Sister O and I went my first day here to check up on them (esp since one is YSA aged) and sadly (so sadly) they had moved! BUT of all the miracles- the lady who moved in wasn't home but her granddaughter and best friend were WHO ARE YSA! So we are now teaching them! 

We split the YSA with Sister O's old companions and the Assistants. The Assistants are pretty busy so that's that. And we are still working out the kinks of sharing in a YSA. There are definitely enough to share but how to split boundaries and such is interesting. Right now we are kinda just working with what we come in contact with and going from there. Luckily we have a great relationship with the other sisters so communication and organization is fine! 

If anyone looks at my blog probably no letters in the mail from me this week. Too busy with a temple trip.. :/ sorry 

I love you HAPPY HALLOWEENIE!! XOXOXO dress up real nice for me since I can't!! 

Love Sister Peterson!



Me and my cute comp


me and my old comps.

No comments:

Post a Comment