Monday, October 21, 2013

October 21, 2013

YELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
 
I have about a billion things in my head and 100 things to write about so I just hope I don't forget anything!
 
Most importantly is that we had transfer calls this week: and I'M BEING TRANSFERRED!! :( I may or may not have cried about it. Mostly just when thinking about leaving M. He was progressing so well and I just don't want that to stop. But I know Heavenly Father has a plan for him, so it will all turn out alright! So yes, I am leaving and guess who is replacing me?! None other than Sister S who I trained!! All of the sisters here will have had ME for a companion at one time. A common enemy shall we say?! No... the three of us are really sad to separate, we had a REALLY good transfer and I love these girls so much! (oh they will also be switching areas with the elders we share the ward with... cool right?) But L here I come. Oh yes, I am going to L. That is the YSA there to serve with Sister O. All I know about her is that when I was there last she was just being trained and in that exact ward. So she has been there for like 7 months. Also I found out that she will be my senior companion since she has been in the area so long! Funny right? I guess I spoke too soon when I said I would be senior for the rest of my mission!!!  
 
I do have some reservations about going to L. Especially since I don't have super warm feeling about the last time I was there. But I feel like a completely different person this go round so I am excited. I just look at the positives and am going to go and visit the people we were teaching and loved up there and tell them to meet with the missionaries again if they aren't!! Plus a few that we loved like K and C are YSA age anyway!! I am grateful to get out of the allergies here but then just to go to a windy cold city... But we will be sharing the ward with the Assistants... Which should be fine but is just intimidating! Also I feel like a kid on the first day of school. The YSA is my age!! Will they like me? Will we get along? What should I wear? hahaha no.... but I loved the YSA aspect of the New Mexico ward, but this is total YSA here. It will be good it is all just the unknown.
 
We leave here (we are the first stop) on a charter bus tomorrow morning at 7 and it is like a 9 hour bus ride since we have to stop at every zone along the way! I am almost done packing and am happy about that! It hasn't been that bad this go round and just hate the packing side of all of this!
 
So apparently it is this transfer all of us will be able to go to the temple! I am so excited I can hardly stand it! I have dreams about being home after the mission all the time. And about half way through EACH of the dreams I realize that I have been home for x amount of time and haven't gone to the temple yet and start freaking out!! So this will be awesome!
 
We had an awesome lesson with M this week. He said that he doesn't believe that this church is any different from any other one BUT he said that in the first lesson we had with him I told him that if he will read the Book of Mormon he will come to know that this is true!!! And he said he is holding on to that one thing, and hoping that it is true. He told me I have been honest with him so far so he is going to believe this too! I told him that he will never know that it is true unless he prays about it, and though he isn't yet to the point that he will commit to praying this is major progress!! He also came to gospel principles on Sunday!! Miracles are happening!
 
We also felt inspired to heart attack a family (our assistant ward missionary) he went through 2 surgeries last week and her sister is currently in the hospital. So we heart attacked them Thursday night and on Friday she called us (she said she immediately knew we did it) to say that it was crazy because he was feeling really bad so they had taken him to the hospital and during the time that they had left the house to the hospital and she came back to get clothes for the kids we had heart attacked them!! I am so grateful for promptings of the Spirit to do random acts of service!!
 
I love this place and am so sad to leave, but I know that Heavenly Father has great things in store for me! I love you all so much- and Mom and Dad I keep telling everyone we 3 will be back to visit them!! Yay! Can't wait!  Love you all!! I'll let you know my new address as soon as I get it!
 
xoxoxo Your missionary!

Sister Peterson!  



No comments:

Post a Comment