Monday, March 18, 2013

March 18, 2013

Hello Family! Let's just hope my fingers can type fast enough since I had so many pictures to look through and lots to email about also!

Well I am so happy to hear that the wedding went well! I prayed all day that the weather would be nice! And throughout the day I had the hours running through my head knowing what you all would be doing! :) So fun! I am glad it went so well, and I am loving all the pictures! 

Well last week we went shopping to JCpenny's and I found a shirt that I liked for the skirt. We did a lot of tracting on Saturday, and so I decided to wear my wedding outfit for church on Sunday. It is kinda fancy for the day to day, but I love it. Oh but yesterday a dog licked my skirt so I wanted to wash it, but was wondering what the care is for it? 

Some updates from the week:

Monday we went to a Christian store here in town and they were having a sale so I bought this love your enemies tee shirt. I'll attach pictures

Tuesday I got a blessing from my District Leader to be able to focus and not be homesick. It was a nice blessing and really helped my spirits, and like you all said it was very apparent that God wants me here. And then for our adventure for the day, we got a flat tire. I called the vehicle senior couple and they told me that if I don't know how to change a tire maybe I shouldn't be driving..... well little does he know I didn't know how to fill up a car until after I had my license!! hahaha Plus Sister R and I agreed that's what fathers, brothers, and eventually husbands are for... or if all else fails Triple A. :) But the elders came to our rescue, and after watching them do it I'm pretty sure I could do it to. But like Sister R told me, "I could do it, just maybe not the right way..." Oh the adventures we have out here! 

Wednesday we had a really cool experience. We cover Lubbock and a town called Wolfforth. (yes say that with a lisp) haha but after dinner Wednesday Sister R turns to me and says "I feel like we need to go to Wolfforth" And I LOVE Wolfforth; it reminds me more of New Mexico, small town, and the people here in Lubbock walk the other way when they see us coming, but in Wolfforth they are so so nice. So I say, "Lets pray about it." So we do, and agree that we should go to Wolfforth. Why? We dunno, but we go. So we drive out there and there is one street that we have found a few people we are now teaching, so we decided to go one block down and park and start walking down the street. On the 3rd house the garage is open and an older guy is sitting there (everyone here hangs out in their garages, like another family room!) and so we walk past him and at the same time we turn to each other and say we need to go back! But then we don't want to be awkward since we passed him, but we just suck it up and walk up. We didn't see when we passed that his wife was sitting there too! And then we proceeded to talk to them for an hour, and they are interested in Family History Work, and the Temple! It was so amazing! We are going to go and visit them again this week! What a miracle to see answer to prayers!

I have also found this week that I feel so so much better if I really devote myself to feasting on the words of Christ during my studies. It really builds my faith to make it through every day. Another help in my life is that I've decided to be in bed at 10pm each night. Before that I was tired all day long and had to drag myself out of bed. Now I have the ability to stay awake and alert while I study and it has helped me so much! :)

Can I just say how much fun it is to have 80 degree weather in March? NOT! I like the warmth, but it means this girl has to lube up on sunscreen!! We went to a lesson the other day and we walk in and the 13 year old girl says, "what smells like sunscreen?' I chuckled and said, "oh.. that's me..." Oh how fun...

Saturday we went knocking on this dirt country road, and had awesome success! We found like 8 or 9 potential investigators. Including a Hindu man who loves Utah, and says we just have a "light" about us (we explained that's the Holy Ghost) and we gave him a Book a Mormon so he gave us apples, and told us that where he is from they kiss their holy men's feet and he wanted to kiss ours.... ?? Too funny. No he didn't kiss them, luckily for us there was a gate in between us, but I've never had an experience like that before! :) 

Sunday we went to visit a member to ask them about their missionary work and they had 2 new ducks! Happy Easter! I got to hold a duck! Too cool!!! They are adorable and squawk when they can't see each other, and that is how they find each other! Too cute! 

Overall it was a good week! I miss you all like mad, but have no regrets, and can't wait to reminisce about the wedding in about a year! :)

Also transfer calls are this Saturday, I feel like I am staying here, but I'll let you know Monday! Oh and Sister N comes home this transfer. I'll give her your info so you can go to her homecoming! She is doll!

Ok I think that's all I really should go! I love you all! xoxoxo Thanks for all the pictures! Love you! 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment