Monday, March 11, 2013

March 11, 2013

Hello!!! I feel like some weeks go in a roller coaster of activity. Like last week I felt like I didn't have much to say in the email and this week I have a WHOLE list of updates!

First off I am doing much better this week. I had my little hate-that-I-am-missing-the-wedding break down last weekend, so I'm hoping I am done with that. Monday was a hard day so I'm sorry you got that, but then we went running and it was just the release I needed to put myself back together again! I am hoping to be strong this week, but know that since I am already a homesick body, I am praying hard for that extra help.

I did get the skirt! Cute cute cute! Grandma sent me a letter that I got the day before the package and she said she was the one who hemmed it! Well she did a great job because it is the perfect missionary length! I am afraid though that it is a bit tight around the middle, but I do not doubt that this is my fault, I am feeling a little pudgy lately. But it isn't too tight, so I am planning on going today around shopping to find a top that is fancy enough to wear with it. I do have my purple cardigan that looks cute with it, but I need something a bit cuter than just a shade shirt to go with my cardi. We'll see what we can find!

I also don't even know what time the wedding is on Saturday. I forgot most people don't put those on the announcements. I am just curious. Also cute announcement! Who did you have do them? And who was the photographer? All I have to say is HOLY CRAP ALL THE KISSING PICTURES! I guess it's #1 because I am a missionary and #2 because you are my baby sister! :)  hahaha But I am grateful for all those thumbnail pictures you sent! Where were they taken- they are really well done and you guys look super super cute!
So updates: We were called up Friday and asked to speak in church yesterday. We took this as a great opportunity to build a stronger relationship with the ward! So my topic was obedience and Sister R spoke on sacrifice. Two things, we as missionaries know NOTHING about. Right?! It went really well, but can I just tell you how hard it was to prepare when we don't have the use of a computer! Luckily all missionary apartments have years of Ensign issues. But it for sure was a different approach, but was none the less good. 

My funny story for the week is how people refer to our temple. It is either when we tell them what church we are from, or what our church address is (they share a parking lot), that we get some of these responses: "oh the tower with the gold guy on top?" or "you're the church with the gold man" or them:"oh yeah, I know that place, that is a beautiful building" us:"yes it is, but that's our temple, the church building is the brown building in front" -usually their interest level to our invitation to come is reduced considerably at that point. It's been really interesting and sometimes funny to talk about the temple, when they have no idea what it is. -So different than Utah! :)

I am so glad that Kate made it down for the wedding! I know she was so wanting to be there for all of the festivities! Plus with this last leg of the race it will be nice to have the extra help! Oh how I miss my nieces and nephews though!
And I am happy to hear that Cami had such a nice time in the temple! I prayed for her all day to love it!
Anyhow I love you alll! HAPPY WEDDING WEEK CAMI AND MATT!  xoxoxoxoxo
love sister p.

No comments:

Post a Comment