Monday, October 29, 2012

October 29, 2012


Hello!
 
I can't wait to see all the kiddles costumes! Oh how I love this holiday.
 
Also we have a car. All the sisters do. We have a Thursday mission wide "bike" day. So since Sister S is here we have had our first bike day this past Thursday was our second. I think it is getting too cold and windy to probably continue until spring but we will see. The GPS is extremely nice since there are a lot of weird roads and you know how good I am with directions....
 
Dad: thanks for that thought about mounds and mountains. Things if not getting better are not as pressing on me. It is the quote that pops into mind about it "That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do; not that the nature of the thing is changed, but that our power to do is increased." -Heber J. Grant. So no things are awesome or fun with Sister S. I honestly can't figure it out. I just think it is a personality difference. She is just very short with me and I can't place my finger right on it but maybe she's just negative? I just keep praying for love and even though I sometimes get shut down when I am just trying to be nice, I am going to persist. My current big issue is that I haven't been sleeping well at night. Sister S is a very active sleeper: tossing and turning every 10 minutes, popping her knuckles, all while asleep. Then this past week she has taken on sleep talking. Once she wakes me up I am up for about an hour trying to fall back to sleep, so I am up for about 2 hours a night. This makes me feel very grumpy in the morning and makes for long days. Last Monday I bought ear plugs hoping that would solve the problem, but it hasn't. Then I would sleep on the couch, but still couldn't sleep. So I finally called the mission president's wife (yes I feel like one of those annoying sister missionaries) and she suggested melatonin. I've been taking that the past two nights with not help there either. I talked to her again this morning and she said maybe Sister S should take the melatonin and she wouldn't be so active. But I asked Sister S and she replied, "I'm not the one with the problem sleeping!" So I'm sure that things are really alright, but my lack of sleep doesn't help me. I am trying hard, but know that with prayer and faith it will all be ok. Even if the situation and our relationship never gets better I can still be happy. Like dad said it is a choice. So I keep a happy thought with me all day. I wish that we would have an open relationship, but when I once asked her, after she said something snappy like that to me, if she was upset, she said "no". So either she is and doesn't want to talk about it, or that is just the way she is. So I just take one day at a time. And remembering that I am here for the people we are teaching, not because it is a vacation. :)
 
And talking about days I realized this past week that in a short 2 months I get to talk to you on the phone!!! 57 days from today! I'm very excited!
 
Well I dunno what else to say! Stay warm, I love you all! Happy Halloween!! xoxoxo- Sister P.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment