Wednesday, August 29, 2012

August 6, 2012


August 6, 2012

First off happy one month gone. Miss you all loads and hope you are soaking up the summer sun for me, (actually I'm doing plenty of that here... yes loads and loads of sunscreen everyday, but no burns yet!!) But really I just hope my babies are remembering me! Seriously that is the hardest thing out here too, not being able to hold and snuggle all the cute babies in the ward, and believe me there are a ton!! When they say a family ward they mean it here, it is probably one of the nosiest wards I've ever been in, but it makes it nice for inv. because they don't have to stress about their own kids having to be quiet. :)

This week has been hotter than hades, but we are treking through. I was sick on the 2nd, I woke up feeling not so good, and almost threw up a few times throughout the day. We went out for about three hours and then I asked if we could go home for a bit, and Sister L is so very sweet, so I slept for an hour while she worked on the area book, and then when I came out she said, I still have work to do here if you want to lay down for a bit longer. I slept for TWO HOURS longer. I really did not feel good. I didn't eat really anything all day, but that was the only day I was feeling like that.

We don't have a lot of progressing inv. right now. A sister yesterday in her testimony talked about how sometimes we don't reap the fruits but are the ones who are plowing, and that is how I feel right now. You have to plow the field before you can grow anything, so we are working hard on our area book here getting it organized, because it is a military town we have about 25-50 people we go to see each day and tons of them don't even live here anymore. But it has already brought us prospective people to teach, it just isn't exactly what I was expecting to do. But that's what missions are all about. :) So life is good. And I have a better out look on life this week, I am gaining understanding about this area, the members, the inv, and how I play into it all. So I'm excited. This month's Ensign talks alot about our duties and really helped too.

I love you all.  Thanks for all your love, your prayers, and your support. I couldn't do this without you.
Keep on Keepin on!
xoxo- Sister P.


No comments:

Post a Comment