Monday, September 17, 2012

September 17, 2012


Thank you so much for putting Sister L's name on the temple roll. She just said thank you so much. She has improved this week, but still is not sleeping much. She is getting a cold too, so that doesn't help. Did I tell you I fasted for her this past Monday? I haven't shared that with her yet, I am waiting for the appropriate time. She doesn't like that she is sick and then to add upon that she doesn't like that others worry and care about her. She is pretty independent, but she's stuck with me, so she's got to let me love her whether she wants it or not.
The weather here got cold this week. (we are only talking about in the 50's) But we were way cold. It is colder when you can't wear pants! We turned off the AC and brought out our winter jackets. It was raining and windy, but that was only middle of last week. Now it is sunny and warm again.
We had an amazing week. We had 3 inv. at church on Sunday and have about 5 people that are really progressing and we can see the way that this message is impacting their lives. This is an amazing work and this place is so prepared! I am so grateful to be a part of these people's lives and helping them come closer to the Savior. Some of them have addictions to overcome, and life changes to make, but I know that God can cause miracles in peoples lives.
Funny story from this week:
We went to stop by an inv. house to see how her and her husband are doing. When she answered the door she told us that it was not a good time and to come back later. We asked her if everything was alright and she told us, "We lost our dog last night, we'd had her for ten years." To which we reply that we are so sorry and if there is anything we can do to help we are here, and as we are about to go I say, "hopefully you find her!" To which I get a weird look, but we leave. After she closed the door Sister Lao turns to me and said "THEiR DOG IS DEAD! NOT LOST!" (I am so totally blonde!!!) I seriously thought the dog ran away, and thought (but gratefully didn't say) that since they had had it for 10 years it should know the way home. Yep, I am that cool. I laughed so hard that whole night, and yet again am laughing. At least I really care about people right?!?
I love you all! And am loving how busy we are here!  Thanks for all your love and prayers!
xoxo- Sister P.

No comments:

Post a Comment