Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18, 2012


Gah!! I have so much to tell you and so little time! Here are the snippets!!

-Thank you so much for the package, I was craving chocolate that day so it worked out perfect. And I am LOVING those wallets of the Peterson bunch. I carry them everywhere with me and really need wallet sizes of the Mills kiddos too. Seriously brightens my day everytime I pull out that picture of baby Drew just as happy as could be!! I didn't realize how much I wanted a package until I got one, it really was like Christmas morning. Mail is everything out here!

-Some of the new Elders in our district are staying here in Provo for their mission, which means that our house is in their mission!! So I told them to call you up sometime for a meal, and also I want any referrals for them. (Dad could you get me Shylee's address again? I think about her often.)

-We have our flight itinerary's already, and with all of this it comes to be that my stay in the MTC is only for about 2 1/2 weeks. It has been so interesting the change of perspective here. Outside of the MTC whenever we tell people where you are going, or what you are speaking the answer for a stateside/English speaking mission is a little less than excitment. But here in the MTC where you are going does not attract any attention, other then to access how long you must be here in the MTC. Don't get me wrong the MTC is AMAZING, such a great Spirit here, with so many one of a kind experiences, but it is definately hard, and humbling. And not the best food, and you are trapped in these small confines. So I am very grateful to only be here for the time I am, because I'm not sure how Jordan did it, or any of the other 12 week language speakers. That is 4x more then how long I am here!!! Wowzer!

It will just be really nice to unpack, and to talk and be able to actually do what we are being trained here to do!! So exciting! Also I don't know how much time I will have but if anyone other than mom and dad want me to call them I don't have cami's or anybody's number memorized (I know I'm bad) so send me a letter (not email) with them in it before then.

So Sister Luke, Elder Losee, and I leave Monday morning. Our flight leaves SLC around 8ish, and they do say that we can use a calling card and can call home before that. So I hope you don't mind waking up bright and early to hear from me. And I'll try really hard to keep it together and not cry! :) And you should be proud, homesickness has not even been one second of an issue here. But I'm sure the tears will flow when I can actually hear your voice.

We have about a 3 hour flight to Dallas airport and then another hour to Lubbock. We should get there at about 2 on Monday!! So excited! This is my last p-day in the MTC.

-I hope the fires are quieting down. This past week Sister Boyd woke up at 4 am to go to the bathroom and freaked out because the room smelled like smoke and woke us all up in a frenzy. So funny!! She searched our floor for any sign of a fire, and we told her to go back to bed and the fire alarm would be pulled if it was an actual fire.

-We heard from Elder Featherstone last night in our Devo. It was such a good talk. What an amazing man. We also had Jenny Oaks Baker come for the fireside on Sunday night. I didn't realize that she is Elder Oaks' daughter and the fireside was so great! She is so talented.

-Dad if you ever see a Sister Laporte, or George, or Creal at Temple Square they were sisters in our district and I love them all dearly and you should tell them hello for me!! They just left the MTC today! We loved them!

I love you all,

This work is true!!! And so much fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment